The Technion Enviromatics Lab (TechEL) is seeking for graduate students for conducting their research in the lab
Enviromatics, a new research field which aims at devising mathematical programming and pattern recognition methods for machine understanding of trends and behaviors of built and natural environments, based on multidimensional environmental data sets. This includes Environmental Distributed Sensing (i.e., distributed air and water quality monitoring), Safety and Traffic Data Realization and Structural Sensory Networks.
The work requires a background in one of the following fields Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Optimization, Signal Processing. The potential candidate should present excellent organization and communication skills. Experience in coding is not required by preferred. Applicants will be expected to conduct experiment independently, maintain research records effectively, and report research progresses. The position offers an excellent training opportunity to conduct research in an attractive, dynamic research environment with outstanding resources.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and personally participates in assigned scientific or medical research project.
- Plans experimental protocols. Recommends and/or initiates new or modified procedures and techniques based upon latest developments in assigned field or analysis of research data.
- Constructs, assembles, and operates experimental or other special designed laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Assembles and analyzes research data. Assists in preparation of research material for reports or publication.
- Provide administrative support related to research, order standard supplies for the laboratory, maintenance of lab equipment and laboratory compliance with good lab practices and safety.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience)
Minimum Qualifications. Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in field of assignment and appropriate experience and training in one of the following fields: environmental engineering, software engineering, optimization, mathematical programing or a related field.
Preferred Qualifications. Lab experience
For details please send Prof. Fishbain (firstname.lastname@example.org) your CV and grades sheets to schedule a meeting.